Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Playdate

Today Ryan had his girlfriend, Sienna, over for a lunch playdate. While Ryan has plenty of girl friends, (Ella, Clara and cousins Autumn and Haedyn to name a few), he has only one, true "girlfriend," and that's Sienna. My good friend Chrissy and I declared them betrothed from the womb...so we'll see how things pan out for them in the long haul. :)

Sienna is about 6 weeks older than Ryan, and is one of the most laid back, sweetest, funniest babies I've met in a long time. It's always fun to see her, and Ryan just smiles and smiles at her...oh, and grabs her face...and steals her toys. Meanwhile, she's just trying to touch his hair, smile at him and share toys with him. What a sweetheart. At this age, it's nearly impossible to get a cute shot of the two of them next to each other and both facing the camera, so here's a few action shots of Ryan giving Sienna the tour of the kitchen.

Ryan: "So, Sienna...here's where my mom puts a chair so I don't unplug the laptop over and over. It's ok, I guess - I just wish I was strong enough to pull it out myself."

Sienna: "Rockin' chair, dude. Someday soon we'll be strong enough to tackle this challenge together."


Ryan: "Awesome...I knew you'd be on board. Now, while I have you distracted, I'm going to poke you in the eye. I do it to my mom all the time, and she doesn't seem to mind too much."

Sienna: "Whoa, what? Hey!"

Ryan: "Sorry about that - I just can't contain myself when I see a pretty face! Now, here's the oven door where I often check out my handsome reflection. Look at you! You're gorgeous. Now, let me check out your teeth..."

Sienna: "Um, dude - why do you have to be man handling my face all the time? I'm older than you, you know - just wait...I'll get you back."

Ryan: "And over here, we have the....wait, ow..."

Sienna: "Ha! Two can play at this game, my petite pal!"

You get the idea...they had fun exploring together today -- and I can't wait until they're old enough to talk to each other and run around together. So many fun times are in store for us!

No comments: